Search The Posts!

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Products I Regret Buying

Hey y'all!
I just wanna thank you again for supporting my new posting format! Once a week is much easier for me now that school has started! Today though I want to talk about products I regret buying! No one wants to admit it but we've all bought products that are subpar and we've all been disappointed for the hype they've been given. So, here are mine;

NYC Appelicious Lipbalm
Color: Big Apple Red

This was basically the origional Babylips. The idea was to have a good smelling, slightly pigmented, moisturizing lip balm. The balm was sticky, the packaging got dirty and disgusting quickly and the color didn't look nice at all; very splotchy on the lips. Not a fan; Babylips (came out about a year after this product) by Maybrlline is MUCH better!
Swatch:


ELF Lip Plumping Lipgloss
Color: Fushia Fantastic

Many ELF products are awesome but this $2 lip plumping gloss was a disappointment! One side is a plumping gloss while the other is a pigmented gloss. The lip plumper itself gave a nice tingling effect but it was very gloppy and too much burned. The regular gloss was super sheer and was too heavy to layer over the plumper. A vallient effort but just not a good product. 

Swatch:

Wet and Wild Mascara
Color: Black


This mega volume mascara did nothing. It held no curl and clumped very badly. It had a very thick formula and the brush wasn't special at all causing just an "eh" product.



Rimmel Scandal Eyes Shadow 
Color: Whitest White

This was a cheap glittery white cream stick I bought as cosplay makeup for wizard world 2014. I expect that it wouldn't be a stellar product but Rimmel usually makes quality products! However, this was a total bust!

Too sheer, too much glitter, and a very thin consistency are what caused problems for this product!

Avon super  Shock Liner
Color: Brandished Copper

 
A very beautiful colored liner but it burns when applied to more sensative eyes. The formula is not easy to apply and it irritates more sensative eyes.



Let's just call this part 1! I have a few other products hiding in my collection I'm sure! Who knows? Maybe someday down the road I'll do a part 2!

Leave a comment telling me your opinions in these products. You can also comment and tell me what products YOU have bought that have turned out to be major fails!

Until Next time
Cheers <3 :)
-K 

No comments:

Post a Comment