Search The Posts!

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

A Girls Guide to Red Lips

Hey y'all!
Today I wanted to show you how to get the perfect red lips! I wear red lipstick almost everyday and it takes a while to learn how to do it properly if learning by yourself. So today is going to be kind of a pictorial on how I apply my red lipstick!

So, to start I just did my normal face routine. I started by scooping back my fringe, doing my morning skin are routine and then applying all the makeup I want to wear except for lips. If you want to see how to get my skin care routine I have a blog post on that. The products I've used on my face today are:
Maybelline cover stick in white
Maybelline baby skin primer
NYC smooth skin bb creme in light
Maybelline dream smooth mousse
Pixie bronzer in subtly sunkissed
Elf blush in pink passion
Bare minerals mineral veil
Elf eyebrow kit in medium
Be a bombshell last out mascara

I like to go very minimal when doing a red lip. I also didn't bother with eye makeup today because I'm going to work later and I do a lot of lifting and sweating (I know gross) so I can't really have much makeup on. My normal eye look for my reds lips is a natural eye using Mac shadows in wood winked and Trax with a winged eyeliner! Very natural and makes my lips stand out!
My face without the lips:

I'm obvious not done my hair yet XD my fringe falls in to my eyes so it's not helpful  for makeup. Also, I ran out of cream concar so my acne is very visible which I'm not happy with. But well all just have to deal today! 

So the first thing I do for the lips is moisturize. Sometimes I'll use a slightly tinted base such as my pixie brilliance balm but today I'm doing it with a clear lip balm. I've chosen my EOS balm in the scent honeydew melon. 


This is normally the time that I do my eyebrows, so I can wait while the balm soaks into my lips. Sometimes I'll do two coats if my lips are particularly dry. Moisture is key to a good red lip!

Next I take my Rimmel London lasting finish lip pencil and outline the lips.

This particular pencil is extremely affordable and matches with all the reds in my collection. The color is red dynamite. 


Then you fill in the lips using the same pencil. 


This in no way has to be perfectly clean because we can fix that later. Just make sure it's filled in so the lips are an even surface and the stick has something to stick too.

Now I have several red lip colors in my collection but today I'm going to use my elf crayon lip color in rich red

Use this product or any red lipstick/stain/ crayon to fill in your lips by packing it into a lip brush and applying


Then take the product itself and smooth into all the places you think need a little more color. 

Then I kiss a small square of toilet paper to ensure none get on my teeth. Then I take my Revlon color rust gloss in fire...
 I put this all over the lips to give a glossy affect and seal the other products.


If it is particularly messy I'll take my concealer stick from NYC in light and pack it onto a small brush


I then outline what looks more messy in order to give a nice clean line and a finished look!



My brush unfortunately smudged my product a little today but that's ok! Normally it looks much better than his! XD 

Here's the finished face



I find red lips very classy and sophisticated. They can dresses up or dressed down. They give me a boost of confidence and I wanted you to leant how to do great ones! Hopefully you picked up some tips!

To remove your red lips at night use a piece it toilet paper or cotton ball soaked in makeup remover and scrub lips. Then, put on a coat of lip balm. I use an Estée Lauder makeup remover and blister repair for these steps

Cheers! <3 :)
-K

*disckaimer: as always I am not associated with any brands I meantion on this blog. All my opinions are strictly my own!

No comments:

Post a Comment