Search The Posts!

Friday, July 25, 2014

My Drugstore Reviews: Dream Smooth Mousse

Hey y'all!!!!! 
It's time for another one of my drugstore reviews! Today, I'm talking about the dream smooth mousse that is made by Maybelline! It comes in a round container that contains .49 ounces of product.it also has a lift up compartment with a small makeup sponge:
Here's the container:


The flip up compartment: 



So, first I used to adore this product and I still do! About a year ago Maybelline said they has discontinued this product and I could t find it anywhere. However, I recently found it at a Kmart and at my local CVS and they keep getting new shipments so I think they may have brought it back. It is a medium coverage that is buildable. It comes on about 8 shades and costs about $9. The container is easy to carry for touch ups and I use it as both foundation and concealer. This product is more pink than yellow based so it doesn't give that very dark look.
Swatch:



Rubbed in:

As you can see it gives a very natural look. I would give you a comparison using my face but I am unable to as I am not wearing makeup today because of work :/

This product covers redness well and takes a few applications to cover acne; also acne scars are covered in one application. It's also a great light product for sensation skin. If you have dry skin this is a great product that you can use instead of the dream matte mouse; it also have a better shade selection.

As much as I love this product there is one thing that I don't enjoy. When you don't use it for a while a little bit of oil gets onto the top of the product; almost as if it has separated. I just pour the oil off or mix it back into the product and it is fine. I so think that it is because it does deprecate and the consistency returns to normal if the oil/water is mixed back in. I also have a hard time applying it with my fingers . Here is an example of what happens when you try to apply with a finger instead of a brush... The product just does not stick to your finger: 


I also would not recommend this for anyone with oil skin because of the oil already in the product. I personally use the color porcelain ivory as I am very pale and it does match very close to my skin tone only being a smidge too dark but that is easily corrected with some translucent powder. It lasts me about 3 months with everyday use... So a good amount of product for the price you pay. 

Here is one last look at the product:


Hope this helped someone! I do enjoy this over the dream matte mousse. so if you need a new foundation that is light but gives great coverage I do recommend this product. For me, dream smooth mousse is a go!
Cheers! <3 :)
-K

No comments:

Post a Comment