Search The Posts!

Friday, August 8, 2014

Love It or Leave It? Pop Beauty!

Hey y'all!!!!!
Today, I'm going to be talking about the brand Pop Beauty! It is a slightly more affordable brand that I've tried 2 products from. I've used the both for several months and from these products I'm going to let you know what I feel about the brand and let you know whether you should buy the products or try a different brand!

Products:
So,
I've tried the pop beauty gloss in the color peony petal and eyeshadow bright up your life trio in smokin hot! I was given the trio in my ipsy bag and I chose to purchase the gloss on my own.



Gloss:


The packaging is very nice and sleek, heavy duty, and easy to carry around. The gloss is pigmented. However, the whole process is a stick mess! The gloss sticks to everything and gives just a disgusting texture to the lips! The top also gets clogged with product, making it deep outside of the container; making it feel more like a child's first makeup product than something a person with experience would buy. It also smells strongly of metal. The scent doesn't go away so those very sensitive to scents might be out off.



Eyeshadow Trio


Again he packaging I super cute and very easy to tuck into a bag. However, I really dislike this product as a whole. Yes, you get a lot in one shadow and the colors look beautiful in the pan.... But I don't like then. They are very very glittery and extremely sheer. You almost cannot see the white, the grey is more of an off white and the black is not pigmented enough to do the smokey eye they promise is possible with the trio. They are chalky shadows with almost no starving power. I do give them credit for that fact that they do not crease; but it doesn't make up for the other things that are wrong with it.


Final Verdict:

Honestly,
I'd leave it. These products are slightly pricy and there are many other drugstore brands, like NYX, that offer similar and much better quality products. For example, there is an NYC buttergloss color slightly similar to this one and it's just a much better formula and slightly more affordable! Rimmel also is better in my opinion. I won't buy anymore pop beauty products and I will be giving future ones away to family that I get in my ipsy bags! I don't love it! 
Until next time!
Cheers! <3 :)
-K

No comments:

Post a Comment