Search The Posts!

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

August Favorites

Hey y'all!
Thank for bearing with me while I didn't post for a few days. I was in New York for two days and then school started so it's been hectic around here! I've decided that during this fall semester I will post only once a week and sometimes twice if I have the time. My plan is to post mid-week on Wednesday afternoon or evening. I hope that ok with all of you! Thanks for standing by even with not super frequent updates.

Onto the real post! Since it's getting very near the end of August I want to give you guys my monthly favorites!

Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain
Brand: Revlon
Shade: Sweetheart Valentine

I gave you guys my first inpression/review of the kissable balm stains with an orange shade. I went back to the place with the sale and I was able to find this color and I fell in love! 


It is a very opaque deep pink almost fushia shade. It had a glossier finish than the orange stain. It applied like a balm but it didn't have very good staying power which kind of stunk. It is also not super forgiving of dry lips. Overall, a really great product and something I've really been using in my looks this month!



Pur Protect Daily Moisturizer
Brand: Pur-lisse
Contains SPF


This product is great! It doesn't give a lot of white cast in photos, can be layered over a primer or on it's own, and it is very moisturizing! A little of course goes a long way and I've used it by itself with no makeup as well as layering my makeup over top of it. It's very creamy and just sinks into the skin. Be warned that if you apply too much your face will begin to feel greasy.

Total Moisture Lotion
Brand: Vaseline

This is a classic brand with ultimately timeless products! This lotion nourishes and mositurizes the skin so that you can look and feel your best! You can feel it really working and being absorbed by the skin as soon as you put it on. 

I got this sample in my NYC hotel and I plan to find it somewhere I can buy it full size. I really recommend this for those who need extra moisture for their legs. My legs get dry fast and they are just ugly from years of scarring because I'm so clumsy! This just makes my skin look healthier and makes them super smooth! 

Perversion
Product: Mascara
Brand: Urban Decay

This is the brand new urban decay mascara. They also came out with a new primer called subversion which I didn't receive. This was a sample from my ipsy bag which I do have a different post on. 

This is a very black mascara that hold curl well. It darkens the lashes but also gives them an insane amount of volume. The mascara really coats each lash and makes my eye appear bigger.

It does seen as if there are fibers within the mascar which could attribute to the really great qualities. A downside, however, would be that the bottle gets a little messy around the opening but everything else is great!


Tinted Lip Balm
Brand: Mica
Color: #5 Natural


This is a tinted lip balm in a natural pink toned shade. The product is highly moisturizing and EXTREMELY opaque! One small swipe is enough cover the whole lip with the color. This particular shade is great for everyday and is also a great base for more vibrant a colors! Keep in mind the swatch is a very minimal amount of product:


Eyeliner
Brand; Mally
Shade: Starlight


This is the pencil I've been wearing on my waterline the most this summer. Black runs and tends to just make me look really scary. However, I don't like really any other colored liner. I got this in an ipsy bag a few months ago and I just came across it again when looking for my nude liner pencil from Rimmel. This liner stays all day on the waterline, doesn't run or smear, and opens the eyes. It makes me look less tired and the glitter just gives a very interesting look!

The gunmetal type color is very appealing to me especially for the waterline:


Thanks for reading and bearing with me during this busy time!

Until next time!
Cheers! <3 :)
-K

No comments:

Post a Comment