Search The Posts!

Monday, July 28, 2014

My Favorite Lippies!

Hey y'all!
Today's post is about one of my favorite products: lippies! I love lipstick, stain, pencils, and some glosses! I feel that I can rock both subdued and more dramatic colors! I also think that my lips are the way that I express myself in makeup as I hate to do very dramatic looks with my eyes. So, today I'm sharing with you some of my favorites from my collection! I have 11 to share with you all from different price points. Keep in mind, like all other favorite posts, this is only a sampling of my actual collection!

Em by Michelle Phan
Color: Nude



I typically never spend much on makeup because I have a very tight budget but I couldn't help myself when Michelle Phan released her makeup line. I chose this lipstick because I've been in search of a good nude for years. All others I tried have either been extremely sheer, to dark for my very pale skin, or have a lot of glitter. This is a very creamy matte color that lasts all day! Works with or without liner. The packaging is cute and heavy duty so it's easy to carry around!
Swatch:


Maybelliene Babylips
Color: Pink Punch

I own about 6 of these products but pink punch is my absolute favorite! It smells great, applies easily, and gives me just a very light sheen of pink on my lips. It is very moisturizing and I carry one of these around in my makeup bag at all times!
Swatch:


NYX Buttergloss
Colors: Éclair and Apple Strudel

I'm not a huge fan of gloss because I feel that it's messy and sticks to everything. However, I discovered these butter glosses through my ipsy bag and I fell in love! I have apple strudel which is a bright pink and éclair which is ax more muted purple. Both smell good, are super opaque, and they aren't super sticky! These are basically the only glosses I use!
Éclair swatch:


Apple Strudel Swatch:


Stark looks Longwrar Lip Pencil
Color: Naked


Although this is a lip liner I use the product on it's own because it's beautiful. It is a light pink color that is a matte finish. I have no other colors like this and all my pinks are either a glossy or shimmery finish not matte. I also love the star looks brand! This product does dry out the lips so I recommend lying down a coat of lip balm first.
Swatch:


NYX Lip Smacking Fun Colors
Color: Iced Honey


This is an absolutely gorgeous nude/go lush color. It's more everdescant than shimmery on the lips and with a pink undertone it goes well with my skin and baby blue eyes. It goes on super creamy but the lasting power isn't phenomenal.
Swatch:

Pixie Brilliance Balm
Color: Unique Pink


I cannot get enough of this product! It customizes itself in several different shades of pink depending on the skintone that your lips are. For me, it is a nice fushia color! I did a more in depth review and swatch on my July ipsy bag post. If you want to see more on this product please check out that post!


Bare Mineraks Marvelous Moxie
Color: Get Ready

A small travel sized tube in a color exclusively for ipsy; this product is creamy with lasting power and comes in a beautiful deep pink! I use this for special ocassions where my look has to be more mature or muted. My mum loved it so much she used my ipsy code to but herself a full size of this exclusive color!



L.A Colors 
Color: Paradise and Wild Fire



Although very drying on the lips; I've found that these extremely affordable lip products are very pigmented and swipe onto the lips easily. Paradise is in a warm pinkish shade with a slight burnt orange undertone, wild fire is my deep cherry red; which is my go to shade! I tend to gravitate toward more affordable brands for my reds because I go through them so fast. The average red will last me about 4 months. I use it almost every single day and I apply 2-3 times to keep it fresh. I will be doing a girls guide for red lips soon so keep looking for that!

Paradise swatch:

Wild fire swatch:



Ofra Lip Gloss
Color: Sultry


Although technically a gloss, this product feels more like a lipstick. It is thick and creamy not sticky in the slightest. It is a deep berry color and a great substitute for hose days I don't want to bother with prep for red lips! It lasts about 12 hours and it does act more like a stain. I got it in my September 2013 ipsy bag and I still haven't used a quarter of the tube!

Swatch:


So, as you can see I'm very expires mental when it comes to lips! I love many different products and some pretty intense colors. I also own a blue and black lipstick that I did not show in this post. I will have more lipstick posts soon as I meantion end earlier I already have one for red lips in mind! Keep looking for those updates as I try to update this blog every day! Hope this have some of you ideas and product suggestions!
Cheers! <3 :)
-K

*disclaimer: as always all products talked about I have bought with my personal money. I have not been given these products to review and I am in no way affiliated with any company. You can always ensure that my opinions on this particular forum are not affiliated with any companies and that opinions are 100% mine!* 

No comments:

Post a Comment