Search The Posts!

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Ipsy: July Glam Bag


Hey y'all!
If you know me from the site Beautylish you know I'm subscribed to ipsy and I love it! About a week or so ago I received my July ipsy bag. Since I've had the products awhile I figured I'd show you the products and give you my review! My original post today was supposed to be my favorite bronzers but something happened and I had to do a slightly easier post! So here we go!

Here's the bag with a ll the products:

There was only 1 full size product this month but I don't mind. The others are pretty good sample sizes. The only one I was kind of disappointed with was the bare minerals sample because I though it should be bigger. Overall, the value if this months bag was around $30 so I was pleased with that as I can use every item in this bag!


Bare minerals 5 in 1 cream eyeshadow
Color: light brown (no label)

Picture:

This is a bb cream eyeshadow in a light brown color. It's nice and smooth and because mine is so light I use it as a base to make my other colors pop! It contains the benefits of a bb cream, including SPF 15 in an eyeshadow. This sample was the only one I can complain about. Although I like the product as it's easy to apply and blends beautifully; I was disappointed in the sample size. It's extremely small and i would have liked it to be a smidge bigger.

Swatch:



Pixie brilliance Bakm
Color: Unique Pink


This product is a fairly decent size at 1.8 grans of product. I feel that I am able to really tell if I enjoy it or not with this much. I really like this product as it goes on the lips very smoothly, hydrates my lips, and smells slightly minty. It also works as a great base for dark pink or red lipstick or lip liner. The added bonus I didn't realize until the first application is that these balms are supossed  to be a different shade depending on your lips coor. Although it looks clear and swatches clear on my lips it is a nice fish is color! It was an interesting feature that just added to my enjoyment. Here is a picture of it on the lips. I'm not wearing any other makeup so ignore any imperfections:




Clear Clinics Clear Spot Treatment


As you can see, the sample is almost completely used up! It works very well as an overnight spot treatment. One application does reduce redness and this sample size is really great to see that. Be careful as getting it into a popped pimple stings horribly (total accident). It does not heal the acne or make it go away faster but I do feel that it reduces redness and swelling to make it less noticeable! It does nothing for acne scars. Here's a picture of the applicator:



Pūr~lisse SPF 30 daily mosturizer


This product worked very nicely with my sensitive skin, not causing me to break out. It also did wonders for my dry cheeks in terms of moisture. I enjoy the added benefit of SPF since my mosse foundation does not have it and I don't want to wear bb cream every day. I burn easily so this is great for me! I do not recommend for those with oily skin.
Swatch before product is rubbed in:



After application is finished:



Models own nail varnish
Color: not listed


This is the full size product I received and I'm very torn. I love the packaging and the color. Application wise it is very gloppy and messy. The glitter is hard to get onto the nail and it's very sheer. I tecommnd using this as a playful touch to a bright pink polish or red polish

Swatch: yes it's on my toes because my nails are done...



So this was not the best month but it was NOt the worst! The bag was also very cute! It was pink with a scalloped edge! 



The bag is deeper than some of the others making it easier to for different products every day. I enjoyed most of the products only complaining about the usage of the one and the size of a sample. Beyond that, the brands were good, everything is great so far, and they seem to really be matching my makeup interest and skin tone. I have other ipsy threads on my profile on Beautylish including my thoughts on the company. Find me under he name "Kendra H."

Other products featured this month included a sample size of benefits they're real mascara, hang ten dark tanning oil and Elizabth Mott tint and sass! There were also several more which you can see by visiting ipsy.com

 I hope this was helpful to you guys and I highly recommend subscribing to ipsy if you haven't already! If you're not subscribed you can do it through this 
Link: www.ipsy.com/r/46fk


By signing up through this link you're helping me earn ipsy points to get some cool extras! After joining you'll also get your own referral link for the same purpose! I want to stress that everything I out on this blog, including this post, is completely and 100% MY thoughts and ideas. If I do not like something I will tell you! I race about ipsy because I love them not because I am associated with them in any way! Have faith y'all I'll be telling you the truth!

I hope y'all have a beautiful day!
Cheers! <3 :)
-K 

No comments:

Post a Comment