Search The Posts!

Saturday, August 2, 2014

My Favorites: Mascara

Hey y'all!
Today I am brining you three products I enjoy! Each are of different price points and each are a mascara that I use religiously! I'm not a big hoarder of mascara so my favorites are limited and extremely exclusive. I've tried everything! Any drug store you can think of (including new ones like miss manga) and a lot of high end ones (like too faced better than sex). These are my three favorites! A very exclusive club to join! 

Estée Lauder Suptuous Volume
Lash multiplying volume mascara
Color: extreme black


this is the blackest shade of mascara offered by Estée Lauder. It's the gold tube with black writing. It retails at about $30. A very high end and pricy product. Not something is normally buy... BUT it stands up to the claims it makes! It claims to give a full effect to lashes and lots of volume. It delivers! It darkens and gives tons of volume without getting clumpy if flaky. The non-waterproof formula WILL run a bit if you put too much on and it really doesn't do anything leanght wise.

The brush I super soft and large. It can be hard to get the lashe underneath it on the inner corner. Overall, the formula is good though I prefer the waterproof one as the regular one runs for almost nothing. If you have over watery eyes the waterproof formula is going to work better do you. 

The brus:


Be A Bombshell
Lash out mascara
Colo: black


The packaging is sleek and sexy and the texture of the tube makes it easy to hold onto. This fits perfectly into my makeup bag! This mascara gives a lot of volume and darkens. It does some for leanght but not a lot (however that not what I look for in mascara as I have long lashes) the brush is a little smaller than the Estée Lauder one but the brush is a tad smaller making it easier to work with. The formula is also a bit thicker than the Estée Lauder. The formula also doesn't clump because it is slightly dryer and it only flakes a tad bit. 

The downside to this product is the smell. It has a very very strong chemical smell. Although it does go away after application the scent is extremely strong when you open the bottle. Those very sensitive to strong smells may be put off by that. This retails for about $7. A great fairly affordable product!


Maybelline the falsies
Big eyes mascara
Color: black


If you've been on this blog for more than one post you know that I'm a HUGE Maybelline fan! Most of their product are great and live up to claim! I was given this mascara as a gift at first but I will be repurchasing! It's about $9 a tube but it's well worth it; lasting over 6 months. 

I have fairly big eyes now but I wanted something that really intensified the look especially on days without much other makeup. I was intrigued by the waterproof formula and the fact it has a lower and upper lash brush! 

The upper lash brush is fairly stiff and slightly curved bristles. The brush is about the size of the be a bombshell and the formula is fairly thin.it gives great volume and the brush easily grabs each lash. I do tend to accidentally smear in on my eyelid so careful of that and it does clump a bit at the ends.

The lower lash brush is very thin and long. It has no curve and one quick swipe will easily coat every lash. It really intensifies the lower lashes and I really have no complaints about the lower lash brush or fairly thin formula! 

This is a great alternative to the loreal miss manga mascara wich has a formula that flakes a lot. This accomplished the same effect and I like the Maybelline formula much better. 

Brushes:

I hope you guys liked this! Please leave a comment with which of these mascara you would try or what mascara is currently your holy grail! 

Until next time!
Cheers! <3 :)
-K

*disclaimer: opinions are 100% my own! Times are purchased by me with my money or given as gifts! I don't work with any companies and every opinion is conetely honest! *

No comments:

Post a Comment