Search The Posts!

Friday, August 1, 2014

My Drugstore Reviews: Elf Eyebrow Kit


HHey y'all!!!
It's time for another drugstore review! I do these so that girls in a budget can find great products and also know what to stay away from! That way you're prepared next time you have a little spending money and want to head over to your local target, Walgreens, walmart, cvs etc!

Today I want to talk about the elf eyebrow kit and eyebrow/eye lash gel. The brows frame the eyes just like hair frames the face! It's important to get strong brow game for the perfect look. However, not all of us have the money for products like the amazing Anastasia dip brow! So, I've gone through several drugstore eyebrow lots and I have to say that the best one I've ever used is the elf eyebrow kit! As my brows are darker than my hair I use the medium shade kit. I can also use the light kit but I prefer the dramatic effect I can achieve with the medium colors. This product is from the elf studio line and costs $6, a lot more affordable than other eyebrow products!

The packaging is black and pretty durable. It's also in a shape and size that's easy to carry in a makeup bag or purse:

Open it up and you have a small mirror, a dark shade of gel, a lighter shade of powder, and a brush:

The brush is small and dual ended. One end is the classic angeled eyeliner brush that is used to apply the gel. The other is a fluffy brush side used to put the powder on. This very small brush is the same great quality as other elf brushes and it's super easy to use!

As for the gel and powder themselves. The gel goes onto the eyebrows smoothly. The color is rich and it is important to use a lighter hand at first because the color is super pigmented and it is easy to over do it. However, you can build it up for a great dramatic look:

The powder is a much lighter color than the gel and is not as pigmented. However, it does help seal the gel into the lashes and kind if hazes out the look. I skip this powder if I want a very dramatic look. For normal days however, I enjoy it!


So, here's the real application of it! This is my brow before gel:

After I brush it out and apply the gel:


As I have work today I just went for the more natural and light look. And here is after powder:

Not a very big difference but slight enough. And yes I know, I need to get my eyebrows done! I'm waiting for my next check XD then I just deal them with some elf eyebrow and eyelash gel! That just gives it a finished look!

The gel product is great for simply setting everything. I dislike however that the gel gets fairly dirty after being used several times. The makeup sticks to the brush and gets into the tube:

So, now I has one eyebrow done and here's the difference!
 
They look close since I went for a natural look but you can tell that the one on the right is a bit thicker, darker, and more xontrolled than the one on the left! 

This brow kit is easy to use and comes in three shades. It's highly affordable and it lasts all day! I've even had it last while at the beach and pool! I recommend this product for brows for those who might be on a budget!
Cheers <3 :)
-K

*disclainer: all opinions are mine and are completely and 100% honest. I buy all products with my own money or receive them as gifts. I never receive them from brands and I have no prior deals with any company!*

No comments:

Post a Comment