Search The Posts!

Sunday, August 17, 2014

My Ipsy Bag: August 2014

Hey y'all!
I normally don't post on weekends but late last night I received my ipsy bag! So I thought I would open it for you today!

The bag this month was called Beauty Schooled. The bag was almost more like a pencil case. It was a plasticy vinyl feel, long, deep, and super cute! The tangerine dots against the white are super sleek in my opinion! 

Of course, 
It's all about what's IN the bag when it comes to ipsy! The first thing I pulled out of the bubble mailer was a sample of the Urban Decay Perversion Mascara!

This card included all the information on the mascara as well as their new subversion lash primer. Unfortunately there are no coupons.


The product itself is .3 pines and is really a good sized sample. The packaging is gorgeous and the formula looks so much different than any other mascara I've tried! The wand is fairly standard so it's really going to be the formula that makes this product stand out:


Costal Scents Blush Duo

Costal Scents sent a small sample of two colors of their forever blush. Ipsters also get 25% off using the code that you can find in your glam room!


The colors were both very beautiful and they included a peach and a pink; which gives a range for different skin tones. There doesn't appear to be any harsh shimmer, but in some lights you can see a little bit. The pigmentation is great and the product isn't chalky at all. 

I'm not thrilled about the packaging however, because it's difficult to get your blush brush into only one color.
Swatch:


Be All Natural Lip Balm

This is a fairly standard lip balm I got in the scent grapefruit. However, it smells more like the chocolate covered oranges that you get at Christmas. So, it kind of reminds me of the holidays! 

It's very thick and super moisturizing. I out it on last night and I can already feel a difference in my chapped lips. I'm thinking because it is organic that might have something to do with it; because there are no harsh chemicals!

Shimmer Body Lotion

Strangely, I'm actually a big fan of shimmer lotions! As long as it's not super chunky and obvious glitter it's fine! A slight shimmer in the skin is lovely. This product would also make a beautiful shimmer blush or even a liquid highlight! It blends to a soft iradescent pinky color that is absolutely gorgeous. 



Body Creme

This body creme is 1 ounce of product and is supossed to be super rich in nutrients. It includes volcanic minerals and lemon. It's a fairly thick creme that I haven't had a chance to really to try it yet. However, it has a nice light scent and I'm hoping it works well!

Overall,
This ipsy bag wasn't my favorite. I'm really excited about the mascara and the lip balm. The other products were pretty "meh." A lot of other people got products like dry shampoo and benefit primer. From what in aware the perversion was given to everyone! I would have loved one of the other higher end products instead of the costal scents or shimmer lotion. I will get use out of all the products and the bag I well worth the $10 but I'm just not excited about it. 

Until next time!
Cheers <3 :)
-K 

If you're interested in trying ipsy please consider signing up with my link. It gives me points that I can use to redeem cool prizes; you'll also receive a link when you sign up! 
www.ipsy.com/r/46fk

No comments:

Post a Comment