Search The Posts!

Thursday, August 21, 2014

Maybelline The Nudes

Hey y'all!
I know it's been a few days but I've been trying to get ahold of this for ya:

I went to about 4 different Targets trying to find this Nude palette. It seems like it would be a great staple item and some have even said it's a great dupe for at least the naked basics.

The packaging is sleek and small. It fits easily into my makeup storage AND I've actually been able to fit it in my purse.

It's $10 and you get 12 natural shades. The colors range from black/dark grey to a shimmery white. There are 7 shimmer shades and the rest are matte. This is great because a lot of drugstore products aren't matte.


You also get a small sponge applicator that is double sided. The brush has both a thick and thin and sides.



The colors are nice a creamy and are well pigmented! Here are swatches from left to right. The first batch is the upper row the second is the bottom.


Second row:


However, these swatches don't really do justice to the beautiful colors and pigmentation. The lighter colors don't show up well on camera but they are light, shimmer and super pretty.

The other thin I enjoyed is that the back of the palette gives you 13 different looks you can do. The palette is split up by quads, trios, and duos. I've tried almost all of them over the last day and each one is unique and look great. The trios aren't as impressive as the duos and quads however. 

My favorite quad is the first:

My favorite trio is the third:


I also love the third and fifth duo





Overall,
I really adore this palette. If you don't have the money for the naked, Lorac or other high end palettes this is a great dupe! Absolutely awesome for a drugstore palette and a good thing for any girl on a budget to have! 

Until next time!
Cheers! <3 :)
-K

No comments:

Post a Comment