Search The Posts!

Monday, August 4, 2014

My Drugstore Review: Revlon Balm Stain

Hey Y'all!!!!!
So I got a new product and I've decided to share it! For a while I've been wanting to try the Revlon just bitten kissable balm stain! I got the color 040 at my local kmart on sale for $3 when they are normally around $8 or $9. 

First, the packaging is nice. It is fairly heavy plastic and I feel that it just looks nice and sleek. Very easy to slide into a purse or clutch!

My color is a virally orange which when I applies it looks like a very tame version of my classic red lip so I love it! Swatch:

It has a light shimmer to it althought it's no overpowering. It smells minty but that is also not an overpowering scent! It applies smoothly like a balm but sits on your lips like a matte lipstick. Then it also has the staying power of a stain.

Here is it just applied this morning:


And here is it at about 5 in the evening:

I ate and drank normally all day and did not reapply for the some purpose of this expiriment. In the second picture you can see the color is a little washed out but it is still very opaque and I feel that it lasted pretty well with no touch ups. Even my red stains need to be touched up throughout a regular day. This product is also moisturizing and doesn't dry out the lips though I saw it begin to settle Into the crack on my lips. I recommend using a balm before application or a lip primer which I did not do; wanting to see how it preformed on it's own. 


I rate this at about a 7 which is great for a drugstore lip product! Not my favorite but definitely not a disappointment. If you can get it in sale it's a great and affordable product! 

Until next time!
Cheers <3 :)
-K

No comments:

Post a Comment