Search The Posts!

Sunday, August 3, 2014

Battle Of the BB Creams!!!

Hey y'all!!!!!
Today I'm goiing to show you a battle between two affordable drugstore bb creams! In one corner in the NYC smooth skin parfait and in the other is Maybelline dream fresh bb! Both make high claims, but which one delivers????

The products:
The Maybelline dream fresh bb is an 8 in 1 skin profector with SPF 30. It's $7.99 and contains 1.0fl of product. Today we are testing the regular formula that does not include salycilic acid.



The NYC smooth skin parfait is a 5 in 1 beauty balm that is $3.50 and contains 1fl of product. It has no SPF and contains light shimmer.



The claims:

Maybelline promises to:
1. Blur imperfections
2. Enhances
3. Brightens
4. Adjust to skin tone
5. Smooth
6. Hydrate
7. Protect skin
8. Contain 0 oils or heavy ingrediants



the NYC bb cream promises:
1. Protect skin
2. Minimize pores
3. Erase imperfections
5. Smooth skin
6. Brighten skin



Here is my skin with no product and this will be our guide to testing the bb creams.


You see my obvious acne, scars, and dark circles. Now we can easily see how well these products preform.

Maybelline

For a while this was my go to bb! The SPF is great because it does not require a sun tan lotion before application. I use the shade light/medium. The coverage is very sheer. It's also very light and great for summer use! My face with Maybelline:


You can clearly see some of my imperfections on my chin peaking out. However, my dark circles are not as noticeable and my skin looks fairly even! 
I give this product an 8 out of 10! It lives up to most claims and the formula is great! 


NYC

I recently picked up the bb as a chaper alternative to my Maybelline. This product is also good. It doesn't have SPF which bums me out but it does have a slight shimmer. The shimmer is nice and light, not overpowering, and I think it gives a nice glow to skin. It has more coverage than the Maybelline but it is a little heavier of a formula. My face with smooth skin parfait:






My acne is less noticeable here and I can see how layering a green concar underneath would make them literally invisible. However, my dark circles are a little less covered. Overall, I give this a 9 out of 10. It only doesn't live up to the protecting claim. Otherwise I believe it lives up. 


The verdict:

Both crams are very close but it seems that prefer the NYC smooth skin parfait! The formula covers more and I love the shimmer! Although it doesn't have SPF is rather layer a lotion underneath than have breakout popping through my makeup! I still love the dream fresh and it's great for hot and humid days but I have to say that I do prefer the NYC for daily summer use!!!


Hope that was helpful for y'all! I so adore both products and maybe one will work better for you but these are my thoughts and opinions for my face! For those with sensitive acne prone skin who have a lot of scarring and discoloration like me. Y'all might do better with the parfai from NYC than the dream fresh from maybelline. Those with better skin only looking for light coverage might prefer the dream fresh! Hope this review was helpful for you! Until next time!
Cheers <3 :)
-K

*disckaimer: thoughts and opinions are all my own I'm never associated with any companies meantioned!*

No comments:

Post a Comment