Search The Posts!

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Caring For A Pixie Cut

Hey Y'all!!!
If you don't know already or if this is your first post then you don't know that have a pixie cut! I tend to do dramatic things to my hair; I grow it out, cut it short, dye it... You name it and at some point I'll probably try it! In the long run, it's just hair it grows back and it's a great way to change up your look. Here's my pixie cut as of right now:

I really love it! Overall, a pixie is much simpler to have than longer hair. However, I've found that there is a lot of care that goes into a pixie! So I want to share that with you today!

Daily Care:

I wash my hair probably about twice a week. In between these washes I use dry shampoo and I got into the habit when I had red hair which bleeds when it simply touches water. However, I know that the natural oils in your hair and washed out whenever you wash your hair and that's is damaging. It can dry out your hair and make it loose nutrients. I suggest washing hair only 1-3 times a week and using a dry shampoo in between. I use a CVS brand shower cap to shield my hair from the water when I shower on the days I don't wash my hair. 

My personal favorite dry shampoo is suave professionals in the yellow bottle which is about $3. It smells good and works great! However more recently I've invested in PSSSST! in the true origional formula. It doesn't smell as nice as suave but it doesn't have a whit residue that needs to be brushed out. Psssst! is about $6 a can.


The Days I Wash Hair:
Like I previously stated, I wash my hair twice a week; sometimes three. My hair has been damaged from years of heat styling, dyes, and medication for my health problems. My hair is very thin, dry, brittle, and prone to dandruff. For shampoo I use dove daily moisture therapy. It take that rough texture out of my hair making it smooth and easier to work with. I've tried several other moisture therapy shampoos and, for me they tend to weigh down my hair and make it greasy faster. Dove just uses gentle ingrediants which helps my hair gain moisture without gaining an excess of oil! Similar more high end shampoos cost about $40 in this size whereas my dove bottle cost a little less than $20!


Then to help strengthen my hair I use Garnier Fructis Fall Fight conditioner. I paid about $7 for this bottle which is very affordable for girls on a budget; the set shampoo and conditioner for fall fight is about $15. There are more chemicals in this than in some higher end brands but there is also caffeine to stimulate hair growth, biotin for health and growth, as well as other vitamins that you would get from fruits and veggies! 


Twice a month I also like to do a deep conditioner to really help keep my hair healthy. This Eva NYC was a sample from my ipsy bag but you can find comparable products at your drugstore for about $10.  The hair mask I'm using at this moment is a little pricier and I can only get it online. Again, this was through ipsy and although I like it; my budget doesn't have room for extremely expensive hair care as I'm sure many of yours don't either! 


Styling:
When I get out of the shower on the cool setting I use my Remington pearl hair dryer with the straight nozzle attachment and a small gentle round brush.
I blow my bangs to the left to attain the swoop and straight effect that I have. I'm heat free so to dry my hair I only use the cool setting on this dryer and in the summer I sit in front of a high power box fan! 

After I dry my fringe I add some argon oil to the rest of my hair (I also do this before I dry the fringe). I use the suave Moravian oil styling oil. It tames fly aways and Argon oil is very healthy for your hair without weighing it down or making your hair appear greasy:


Then I simply mess with my fringe to make it he messy look that I love. I can achieve this quickly with my axe messy look hair paste. This product is only $6 while the comparable girls brand is about $12. I wrote about this product In my Juky favorites if you want to know more!

Once I get my fringe and my other hair the way I want it; I spritz it with som Aussie flexible hold hairspray which is about $7 at the drugstore

THAT is the routine I have right now to care for and style my pixie! I try to use mostly affordable brands that's are healthy for your hair. Sometimes affordable brands can be full of follicle clogging products or unhealthy chemicals BUT I can attest that these products don't weigh down your hair and that most of them have plenty of ingrediants that are healthy for your hair! Hopefully you found a product or two to add to your routine or techniques that you will want to add! Please leave me a comment about what you've leavers or what you do with your hair!
Until next time!
Cheers! <3 :)
-K

No comments:

Post a Comment